Feeling troubled over what to wear? What makes you look good? Well, fashion is all about yourself. What you choose to wear every morning tells a lot about you and how you felt that day. Even your little handbag carries a little story.
The women’s fashion world is constantly changing but the one thing you can be sure about is personal style. Instead of spending hours creating the look you desire, the minimalist approach today provides more time to show off your look and less time creating it!
Cardigans and tunic sweaters become your favorite comfy wear at home and when you leave the house as well. Have you considered wearing your favorite cardigan to work paired with a great pair of business casual dress pants? You may be surprised just how many functions a cardigan can have.
T-shirts are considered a fashion necessity these days, though this wasn’t always the case. Now a common part of the casual outfit, t-shirts can compliment a pair of jeans, layer with a sweatshirt or a sweater, or simply serve as nightwear. This evolution has occurred over a long period of time, starting with a big shift in thinking about what constituted fashionable everyday wear. To fully appreciate this shift in society’s attitude to the humble t shirt it is interesting to look back at the origins and evolution of the t-shirt.
Keep in mind the following rules while choosing your outfit:
1. Always buy clothes that fit – This is the number one most important rule to follow. Many women that lack confidence buy over-sized clothing thinking that it will hide their imperfections. Unfortunately, the resulting effect is sloppiness and a lack of femininity.
2. Iron your clothes – It is always a hassle but if your clothes are wrinkled, iron them. Wrinkled clothes give the impression of sloppiness and a general disregard for your appearance. If you really hate ironing avoid buying linen clothes or any fabric that is prone to wrinkling.
3. Dress your age – This is a very hard rule to follow because it is hard to admit your age, but unfortunately, it is also difficult to hide it. Don’t try to hide your age by wearing youthful revealing clothing. Just choose the clothing that promotes respect and flatters your aging body gracefully.
4. Don’t wear too many colors – Combining too many colors in one outfit can look messy and be distracting. As a general rule, only mix two to three colors.
5. Match your shoes with outfit – The color of your shoes should match your outfit or at least the style should match. For example, if you are wearing a nice dress do not wear your casual flip flops with it.
6. Wear the right accessorize to compliment – Avoid loud and obnoxious jewelry and accessories that distract from your clothing. Your accessories are meant to compliment your entire outfit, not demand attention to itself.
7. Be yourself – Make sure that your dress speaks your real self. Do not overdo while dressing. Look natural.
Clothing explains who you are and what you are about. Make sure your clothing reflects your true self.